Get inspired by some of the best quotes about quilting and download our free quilting quotes wall art.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small comission if you make a purchase on any of the affiliated sites (with no additional cost to you). Learn more here.
If you’re here you probably already know that quilting is awesome. I know we all feel the same way, I’m not even going to waste any time proving my point.
In fact, quilting is so awesome, we quilters like to remind ourselves and everyone around us just how awesome it is anytime we get the chance. A perfect example is our home decor. Quilted wall hangings? Quilted pillows? Quilts everywhere? Loose thread on the floor? OK, this last one isn’t technically home decor, but it’s still everywhere in a quilter’s home, so I’m going with it.
And of course, wall art! Wall art is such a fun way to add some life to your walls. And if you’re a quilter, you need some funny quilting quotes on your sewing room walls ASAP.
That’s why I thought I’d gather the best quotes about quilting (I am biased, of course) that I’m sure you, as a quilter, will appreciate.
And what’s even better, we chose three – yes, three! – funny quotes about quilting and made these cute printable posters you can print out. Scroll down to the end of the article to get access to the printable quilting quotes right now.
Funny Quilting Quotes
I’ll start off with the funny quilting quotes, as that’s what tickles my fancy the most. You can use these short quotes about quilting to create your own wall art. Or download the free printables with two of these quotes included at the end. Here are some funny quotes about quilting:
- Behind every quilter is a big stash of fabric.
- If I’m holding a seam ripper, now is not a good time.
- A messy house is the sign of a happy quilter.
- Who’re you calling a fat quarter?
- It’s not a mess. It’s ideas lying around everywhere.
- Happiness is a full bobbin.
- To quilt or not to quilt? What a silly question.
- Sometimes you need to let things go. As long as it’s not fabric.
- Measure twice, cut once.
- Measure once, curse twice.
- Itchin to be stitchin.
- I like big blocks and I can not lie…
- It’s perfect (from a galloping horse)
- To quilt is human, to finish divine.
- A lady never discusses the size of her stash.
- No, you cannot use my good scissors.
- I turn coffee into quilts.
- May your bobbin be full.
- One stitch at a time.
- If I can’t find it, I don’t have to count it as stash.
- Iron-y, the opposite of wrinkly.
- Sew many quilts, so little time.
- I don’t need to get organized. I need a bigger sewing room.
- I am not a fabric hoarder. I am a textile collection curator.
- Sewing forever, housework whenever.
- I am a material girl. Want to see my fabric collection?
- Keep your sewing machine close and your seam ripper closer.
- Quilters come with strings attached.
- You never know what you have until you clean your sewing room.
- Quilting is cheap therapy.
Inspiring Quilting Quotes
Some of you might prefer the more inspiring aspect of quilting, so I also gathered some beautiful inspiring quotes about quilting. These will serve you well when you’re in the midst of a complicated project and remind you what quilting is all about.
- A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.
- It’s impossible to be sad when you’re holding fabric.
- I cannot count a day complete, ‘til needle, thread, and fabric meet.
- My soul is fed with needle and thread.
- When things are in pieces quilt them together.
- When life gives you scraps, make a quilt!
- It always seems impossible until it’s done.
- Every quilter has a masterpiece within.
- Sewing mends the soul.
- Stitch your stress away.
- Finished is better than perfect.
- Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love.
- Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, stitched with love.
- I‟ve spent most of my life making quilts. The rest I‟ve just wasted.
- A day spent quilting is a good day!
- There is no wrong time for quilting.
- What I make with my hands, I give of my heart.
- Even the best quilter started with a single stitch.
- Quilting is painting with needles.
- Beautiful things come together one stitch at a time.
- One who sleeps under a quilt is comforted by love.
Free Printable Quilting Quotes
We’ve come to the best part – the free printable quilting quotes. How cute are they?
All three of them are included in a free PDF download you can get if you sign up for our newsletter below. Once you sign up you will get an email with the download straight into your inbox!
This is it for now, friends. Do you know any other quilting quotes we should include? We’d love to hear about them in the comments below.